Thursday, August 4, 2011

Abby: about as perfect as a day can get

What a glorious Thursday! I had worked extra hours earlier in the week so I got to take the morning off and only work a half day.  This was perfect because Thursdays are my long run days.  I put my post-run breakfast together last night.
Blueberry Dannon Light-n-fit plus 1/4 cup old fashion oats, stirred, covered, and put in the refrigerator over night.  Similar to KERF's overnight oats
But I call them Yogoats (yogurt+oats)!  I got to sleep in this morning by an hour, 6:30am.  It felt so good.  I had already laid out my clothes for my run this morning so I threw them on, grabbed a quick bagel thin, set the iPod and Kelly Clarkson and I were off.
Around Lake Mercer, over to South Run, around Burke Lake, and back for a total of 11 miles.  My longest run yet!  The high school cross country runners were out at the same time.  Definitely proving that I am a newby at this distance running thing.  I kept fixing my running form when they passed lol.  And their shirtless selves only served to remind me that I need to work out my core a bit more.  I was so ready for breakfast when I made it home.  But first things first.
Set the coffee maker and hop in the shower!  I love the warning label on the coffee pot. My fav: "DO NOT HOLD OVER PEOPLE"...seriously?
Then it was yogoat time!  I pulled out the mug form the fridge and piled on the blueberries.  For the coffee, I added a splash of Light Chocolate Silk.  Oh so good!  I mean come on is there really anything better than chocolate and coffee?  They go together like peanut butter and jelly.  Speaking of which, I need to make some more PB.  This weekend's To Do ist is getting longer and longer.
                                  

It was a perfect combo of hot and cold.  And exactly what I needed to refuel after the long one.  Drinking coffee with your carbs allows for more efficient glycogen store refilling.  As relaxing as this morning was though, it was time to get to work.
I packed a bag of office snacks and said goodbye to my morning retreat.  Snacks: bag of grapes, BIG bag of carrots, left over hummus from Aladdin's, and a sweet potato (of course).
Well, off to the work.  Time to make people healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment