Saturday, August 6, 2011

Abby: Let's Talk Breakfast

Everyone is always talking about the importance of breakfast. And that is because they are absolutely RIGHT!!!  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  It jump starts your metabolism and gives you the energy to begin your day.  Not to mention that for those looking to loose or control their weight it is a vital part of reaching your goals. 

When you skip breakfast, your body continues its fasting phase (sleeping) and begins to store energy in case of starvation.  This means that when you do eat, more will be stored as fat, your body's long term form of energy storage. 
The Key Points of breakfast are to make sure it has:
  1. Complex Carbohydrates
  2. Protein
  3. Fiber
  4. a little fat
But how do you get that? Lean protein, low-fat dairy, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
I LOVE Oatmeal. Honestly one of my absolute FAVORITE breakfast food.  I eat it just about everyday.  But sometimes ya just gotta mix it up.
I always forget how easy and quick it is to make french toast.  This breakfast literally took me less than 10 minutes to make.
French Toast: one slice of Ezekiel bread, Egg Beaters, Cinnamon, and a little sugar (Splenda)
I topped it off with a scoop of Sunbutter and another of apricot preserves (Smucker's sugar free), fresh blueberries, and a side of eggs (Egg Beater). 
I know it's a lot of pictures for one breakfast, but just look how pretty those colors are.  Can't blame me, I am an art major after all (Dietetics too).
HAVE A GREAT MORNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment